GUIDELINES FOR PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENTS ON WGRC-FM
WGRC provides free airtime to local churches and community service groups to let the region know about special events of interest. WGRC receives more than 100 such announcements each month. To best promote these events, WGRC airs six different “Calendar Countdowns” each day. Each “Calendar Countdown” runs for one-minute and includes approximately four events. Each promoted event will air for 10-14 days.
We strive to treat each submitted announcement as being special, but there are situations when announcements fail to get on the air. The following guidelines help us in handling the submissions and will assist those seeking to have their item included on WGRC public service announcements:
We accept PSAs under the following guidelines:
- All PSAs must be received by WGRC at least three weeks before the date, registration deadline, or the first day of a multiple-day event. This will allow us adequate time to write and produce the “Calendar Countdown”, and to place it on our website's 'Regional Events Calendar'.
- Please type or clearly print all information.
- Include who, what, when, where, and include a contact number WITH area code.
- Only send information on events open to the community-at-large.
- If the event is a fundraiser, please indicate specifically who the proceeds will be benefiting.
- WGRC reserves the right to refrain from promoting events/activities which may not be consistent with our Christian format. WGRC will only air bingo and Chinese auction events if 100% of the proceeds directly benefit a non-profit charity/organization. (Note: This must be clearly stated within the information submitted to WGRC.)
- If there are names in the announcement that could easily be mispronounced, please provide some type of phonetic spelling to help us.
- WGRC will consider using pre-produced announcements although they may be edited for content and/or time restraints.
- Please furnish the name and phone number of the appropriate contact person in case we have questions regarding the information submitted. That person’s contact information will not be used in the on-air announcement unless otherwise indicated by you.
- If you choose to include contact information within your announcement, please provide a phone number, not an email address
Events may be submitted via email at WGRC Email or mail (101 Armory Blvd., Lewisburg, PA 17837); or fax (570-523-1114).
WGRC reserves the right to reject any announcement that does not meet the outlined criteria.
Christ Church in Yourtown will host a spaghetti dinner on May 31. Costs are $7 for adults and $3 for children ages six to twelve. Proceeds benefit the youth group summer mission trip. The church is located on Some Street in Yourtown. For more information, call the church office at (222) 555-5555.